Papatoetoe South School has an official enrolment scheme, which means that only pupils who are ‘in zone’ or meet strict Ministry of Education ‘out of zone’ guidelines, can be enrolled. Please see the details below or contact our school office if you have any further questions.

Enrolment Process

When enrolling your child at our school a formal enrolment meeting will be held with the Assistant Principal to go through all enrolment information with a parent or legal guardian. Please complete the ‘All About Me’ form before coming to this meeting. If you require an interpreter, please let the office staff know when you book your meeting so this can be arranged for you, or you can bring someone with you.

An official school enrolment form must be completed and all necessary information provided:

  • Your child’s New Zealand Birth Certificate OR if born overseas your child’s passport stamped with “Permanent Residency” or a current “Student Visa”. (Original copies NOT a photocopy.)

  • Copy of your child’s Immunisation Certificate signed by your Doctor (this can be obtained from your family Doctor).

  • Proof of address (original NOT a photocopy) – a recent copy of the parent’s/caregiver’s power or landline telephone account or a tenancy agreement. Proof of address must be less than three months old.

  • It is essential that parents/caregivers provide at least two current contact numbers for emergency purposes.

If the proof of address item is not in the parent/caregiver’s name then the following is required:

  • a power bill or landline telephone bill for the home zone address they and the child are living at;

  • a letter from the person whose name the above bill is in stating that the parent/caregiver and child live at this address;

  • two pieces of official type mail addressed to the parent/caregiver at the address on the enrolment form e.g bank statement, WINZ letter, NOT a personal letter.

  • You may also need to complete a Dental Services Enrolment Form.

In some instances an Enrolment Questionnaire may need to be completed. If office staff are still unsure of genuineness then a meeting with the Principal may be required. An impromptu home visit may be required BEFORE the child can start school. The Principal will make the final decision.

Getting students working successfully in regular classroom settings

Te reo Māori bilingual pathway

enrolment Meeting