West Papatoetoe Kahui Ako
Focus on teacher practices that improve learning outcomes for students.
Current Kahui Ako Strategic Plan at Papatoetoe South School
- Use a spiral of inquiry model to identify effective teaching pedagogy that accelerates student progress in Writing and Science, through using Oral Language skills.
- Coaching/mentoring to strengthen teacher understanding and capability to make effective Overall Teacher Judgements.
- Strengthen teacher knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum and Literacy Learning Progressions.
- Engage leaders and teachers in professional development that improves their teaching and learning capabilities in Literacy.
- Embed culturally responsive and relational pedagogy into classroom literacy practice.
Our intended outcomes
- improve teacher and leader capability and pedagogy, content knowledge and assessment practices to raise student achievement and build student agency.
- by the end of 2020 at least 70% of students will be achieving at or above New Zealand Curriculum as measured by New Zealand Curriculum Levels.